Friday, February 21, 2014

Topic: Question: What is addiction, and how is it possible that I won’t become addicted if I take pain medication?

Topic: Question: What is addiction, and how is it possible that I won’t become addicted if I take pain medication?



Question: What is addiction, and how is it possible that I won’t become addicted if I take pain medication?

Addiction is a complex disease. It involves the body and the mind. Addiction is very misunderstood by those of us who work in medicine, as well as by our patients and our society at large. There are many myths and misconceptions about addiction, causing a great deal of fear and anxiety, some of which is warranted, but much of which is not.

Addiction is defined differently by many different medical, religious and social organizations. One of the key elements that we do know clearly defines addiction is that it is a biological, psychological and sociological phenomenon.

To Read More, Please go to: http://www.drpattysnewcipaywarondrugswebsite.net/apps/forums/topics/show/12592404-question-what-is-addiction-and-how-is-it-possible-that-i-won-t-become-addicted-if-i-take-pain-medication-


No comments:

Post a Comment