Sunday, May 3, 2015

Topic: Accepting Chronic Pain: Is it Necessary?


A patient of mine told me the other day, “I don’t think I will ever be able to accept my chronic pain. It has completely changed my life.” 



I think this is something that most people with chronic pain contend with at some point in time; wanting to hold onto hope that their diagnosis isn’t chronic or not wanting to come to the realization that they will have to live with the pain forever.



When most people hear the word “acceptance” they equate it with the notion that they should feel that it’s okay or it’s alright to have a chronic condition.  Many people don’t ever feel okay about having to live with pain or an illness for the rest of their lives. It is not something that is easy to get used to and it’s not fair.



To read more please click this link:

http://www.chronicintractablepainandyou.net/apps/forums/topics/show/13179657-accepting-chronic-pain-is-it-necessary-

No comments:

Post a Comment