Sunday, May 10, 2015

Topic: Chronic Pain: Nobody Tells You How Hard It Is

Chronic Pain: Nobody Tells You How Hard It Is

Some days, I feel like I can finally lift my head above water. Like I can finally take a breath. Or better yet, a couple of deep breaths.

I feel like maybe I finally have this whole chronically sick thing figured out. And, finally, after being in pain for more than two years, I can focus on living the life I want to live. Like just maybe, this whole chronic pain thing isn’t going to win after all.

And then other days, like today, I wish I was dead.

Days when I wake up with an insane amount of pain in my ribs, and a migraine and I have to work because I’m genuinely afraid I’ll lose my job if I call in sick one more time.

Days when I hate my body so much, because it’s like a jail keeping me prisoner and holding me back from the life I once thought I was born to live. And days when I want to push myself, because that’s what I do, I push things, to the limits, and that’s how I have always lived my life.



To Read More, please click this link:

http://www.chronicintractablepainandyou.net/apps/forums/topics/show/13183289-chronic-pain-nobody-tells-you-how-hard-it-is?next=

No comments:

Post a Comment