Sunday, May 10, 2015

Topic: A Pained Life: ER Protocols

A Pained Life: ER Protocols


When I read about people going to the emergency room to be treated for breakthrough pain, it is rare for anyone to say they felt they were well-treated. They tend to say they were disbelieved, looked at as a drug seeker, or the ER doctor did not give them enough meds to last until they could see their pain management doctor.



I have almost always replied, “Ask your doctor to send a protocol letter to the ER. Then if you have to go they will know what you have and how your doctor wants it treated.”



It occurred to me that it would be a good idea for me to query some ER's and see if this was in fact good advice.

After talking with one nurse, I did not feel it necessary to talk with any others.



To Read More, please click this link:

http://www.chronicintractablepainandyou.net/apps/forums/topics/show/13183215-a-pained-life-er-protocols

No comments:

Post a Comment